24 November 2006

Thanksgiving

Well, Buck & I are currently in VanWert, Ohio...a tiny town in Western Ohio. Our journey started five days ago when we arrived in Cincinnati....our journey that is Buck's first trip back to Ohio (where he was born) in several years and my first trip to meet the extended family. We stayed with Jeff & Ryan...two cousins in their twenties...the first two nights. They took us to some Cincinnati favorites including two great restaurants and the Cincinnati History Museum. I also was able to eat at Chick-fil-A and Moes (two of my southern favs that are not in the Great Northwest). Then on Wednesday we headed north (here to VanWert) where Jeff's parents live. We have stayed with them the last three nights although we have been making day trips other places. We were also able to see Buck's parents, sister Diane, and her two girls. On Thursday we went about another two hours north and had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with the Kinney (Buck's mom) side of the family. I met about thirty-two new people. Then today, we drove about an hour east of here and had Thanksgiving with the Webb side of the family. I met about thirty-two more new people. It was a lot of fun. My favorite new person to meet was Grandpa! Buck talks about him all the time. He is 95, but you would never know it. I think one of my favorite things, besides the fact that he made me laugh, was how much Christ was reflected in Him. Also, he seemed the most interested in where we were serving & how God was working in our lives. It is always awesome to know you have someone like Him praying for you. Anyway, it has been a great trip. I am so thankful for a wonderful husband to share the journey of this life with. I have enjoyed learning more about him by meeting more of his family. Tomorrow is our relax & recover day before we head home on Sunday morning. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

2 comments:

michael said...

mmmm...Chick-fil-a. I'm jealous. I won't get to enjoy any until February. I'm counting the days.

normalisboring (aka tanya t) said...

can you remember the names of all 64 new people you met?