02 October 2006

Okay???

Well, Mel (and others who love me:)), I guess you could say I am okay. That's about it. Obviously, I will not go into everything here. But...here goes:)

There is much of my life that is wonderful! My husband is still absolutely amazing. He truly loves me and serves me more than I could have ever imagined anyone on this earth doing! I have learned so much in our first year & a half of marriage. I have learned that boys will be boys! I have learned that the commitment we made so long ago holds up everyday, even when things are not perfect. I have learned that supporting Buck and watching him succeed mean more to me than most things. I have learned (as many of you told me) that serving alongside of Him will bring peaks & valleys. We are beginning to understand how we are wired individually & together...so, that is fun...and frustrating.

My life is also wonderful, because even in the hard times I know my Heavenly Father pursues me! That still blows my mind sometimes. Even when I am out of energy to pursue Him...He PURSUES me. I experience his mercy & blessings everyday, although I often choose to ignore them because I am busy "fighting the good fight" and I don't stop to encounter my Savior.

I am almost certain there would be a smile on my face more often if I woke up each day desiring an encounter with Christ...if that was my priority. Days that used to be spent seeking an opportunity to serve or a friend to encourage, are now spent running and hiding, asking for nothing more, wanting to give up. I am tired. I am tired of pursuing relationships with others. I am tired of trying to find a friend. I am tired of watching Buck struggle to support our family & do what He is passionate about and very gifted to do. I am tired of trying to find my place. I am tired of doing the social thing and skipping over the "spiritual thing". I long for the old days when I met with a group of women and we discovered who Christ was, who we could become in Him, and how the church was an amazing design. I long for a friend to care for. I long for something right here in Tacoma; once you have had amazing friends, it is hard to settle for anything less.

I really don't know if that lets you know anything...but, those are some of my thoughts hashed out onto this computer screen today. I know it always goes back to pursuing Christ first, to allowing Him to be the source of my strength, my sustaining power, the grace needed to live. I have also learned that He intentionally places people in our lives to help us live out our journey with Him, our pursuit. We are not supposed to walk this alone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bether!
1. You've been married for a year and a half already?!? holy cow!
2. I HEAR YOU! It is so hard not to have a good friend. I'm still working on it here. And it slowly gets better. Or, at least it has for me. I really hope it will for you too.
3. I LOVE YOU. I love your enthusiasm and your heart that seeks after God. I love your vision, and the way you pursue it. I love the fact that you are in love and devoted to your husband.
I don't quite know how to end this...
Be encouraged!
I love you!
Rachel Rogers

Farah said...

I too LOVE the stinking mess out of you (not that you stink, it is justh for emphasis) and am so glad to know about your jobs. I was curious (and can now fill Suellen in too) and about your life (we both wanted that info too). I totally get you on all that!!!!! Am praying for you. I received a forwarded email supposedly quoting Rick Warren to have recently said (since his wife's battle with cancer) "Rather than seeing life with hills and valleys, I believe it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life. No matter how good things are in your life, there is always something bad that needs to be worked on. And no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for." Your post reminded me of it and I had jotted it down already so there you go. Hope you like it too. Much love and prayer!

from the heart of cooka said...

farah --i like that railroad track thing, the good & bad times side-by-side. great visual for me!

bether -- here's bits from a jounal entry of mine, just to let you know that i've been tired too.

..."on a day with a lot of hurt & confusion, the sun was out & it warmed my skin, but my heart aches & numbness is setting in. Many prayers have been prayed, yet so much silence...i need to escape, somewhere warm & comforting, to recoup & regroup from some of life's big blows. ouch, it hurts. life does; but God is in this & i just need to let that be enough. i need to be content with His mercy & grace & to be thankful for the rest, but today, i hurt."

He was faithful those hard days & He is faithful! Stay as close to Him as you can, 'cause you & me both know He's worth the effort.

Mama Mel said...

I forgot to say "thanks" Beth! I appreciate your authenticity.

I also appreciate your wisdom ... you're so right about the spiritual thing... skipping it never works for me either. I mean, not if I want to be joyful and content!

Anonymous said...

hey dear! just wanted to let you know that if nothing else you are SOOOOO loved! you have been saved by Christ and have a relationship with Him-if all else is gone, you always have that to fall back on! thanks for being yourself and teaching me (even while we live so far apart!) with your wisdom and faith!! love love love you!!!