26 February 2008

A Balance Beam...

Well, even when I am pregnant I get hurt in ways other people don't; although, I still claim that if I didn't have a huge basketball protruding from the front of me, this 2x4 piece of wood would have headed straight to the ground. Anyway, yesterday at school my after-schoolers were playing with the balance beam and it popped up into the air. One of the boys was trying to put it down and it hit me directly on the top of the stomach. At first I just felt dizzy & nauseated, and then the contractions came...all these braxton hicks contractions are nothing compared to this. Anyway, the people at my school got really worried (I was too out of it to really give my opinion) and called an ambulance. I think Buck could have driven me just as well considering he came from farther away and beat us to the hospital. But anyway, our little girl is doing great...she was very happy during the ultrasound and monitoring for like four hours. We finally came home around midnight & I am taking today to rest. I am just thankful for her health. God totally knew what he was doing (even if it's a little freaky at times to have a human being inside of me) when he created this whole process. Our baby is protected so well even when I am not. Hopefully she will be here in a few weeks...I know God already has the time picked out for her.

4 comments:

Mae said...

I am so excited for y'all. What a wonderful gift you have and it will be great to see and hold her!!!

Janet said...

I'm so glad you're ok. I was actually thinking of you the other day...about when you came down to AL with a broken toe/foot after Buck stepped on your flipflop. haha! I'm so glad Baby Bether is ok and that Mama Bether is ok, too!
Love you and can't wait to meet your angel!
:o)

Karen Isbell said...

Wow! I am so glad that all are ok!

Crystal Corn said...

HOLY SMOKES! I'm soo glad you and Baby (insert name here) are alright! Heard she's quite a whopper too. We'll be praying to see her soon! :)