18 January 2006

I HATE LOSING...SO, why am I a loser?

Well, I had to wait until today to post this or else I might say something I shouldn't. But, I truly despise losing. I have never admitted to being a "good loser". Last night our basketball team, the Varsity Curtis High girls team I coach, should have won. I know we played better than last time against them, but I was not satisfied with that. We should have won! And, if we had played to win, I think we would have. I mean, we only lost by six. And, that was with us deciding to run our offense very little, deciding to forget the success we can have and have already experienced with our teammates. I cannot figure out how a team can watch something work and then so quickly revert back to doing what was not working...playing for individual stats...playing for "me".

So, if I hate losing in games that don't matter like basketball. Why don't I mind to continually fail and lose in my relationship with Christ. I mean I constantly watch Him do something amazing in my life, only to question His direction later. I can sit down and write out the times He has so graciously delivered me, the times He gives me more than I deserve, the times He welcomes me back into His arms. And, then the next moment I am out "playing for me" again. I am living life my way. I am making the decisions. My selfishness leads to blindness. I am unable to look at what has worked...trusting God to lead...and fall into what has continually failed..."playing for my individual stats".

So, see, basketball does have something to do with real life. I hope it continues to teach me every day. I also hope that we don't lose again...I HATE LOSING!

2 comments:

Farah said...

Good point! Is there anything else I might be able to do with my blog? Do you have an email address?

Karen Isbell said...

Can you send me your address? I lost the list with yours on it! Sorry i'm going crazy right now!