21 September 2006

so, i post...

It happened...finally I was reading the blogs of many of my dear friends and was guilted into posting. But, I do enjoy posting. And, I need somewhere (besides my poor husband) to put down my thoughts sometimes. I know he must often think: "why doesn't she just stop thinking", but I am a thinker...believe me, I have tried to turn it off.

Lately, I have been pondering the idea of loyalty. What is it really & what drives to live a life of loyalty? I have many friends that are loyal (as far as I know), but they all seem to express it in different ways. I know it doesn't mean you have to "be there all the time"...thank goodness or I might be friendless at this point in my life. I think for me at least, that loyalty is something that is earned...not the right word...it is developed through combat, maybe. It takes awhile for me to consider someone loyal...I think I have to observe them love me & allow me to love them back...you know, that level of a relationship that has to be worked on, the friends you have been through something with...the ones who have seen your victories and have seen you fall flat on your face.

I have been watching our middle school students lately, and I have observed that they have no idea of this sense loyalty. Maybe they haven't been through enough together...maybe we are even more selfish then than I am now. I just don't know, but it breaks my heart. Loyalty is undervalued. I do know that. I can name those people I would call during a crisis. I can name those people that I will always love no matter the circumstances...no matter how long the time between one conversation and the next.

I love students & I love serving alongside Buck, sharing our hearts with these teenagers and watching them grow.

Pray for me that I would share only Christ with them as they seek Him...and try to follow Him...and bring their friends in hopes that they will encounter Christ.

Pray that we would all encounter Christ everyday.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

hey..glad your bloggin again! :) question::are you still coming to see me??

normalisboring (aka tanya t) said...

i love you beth. even tho we never hang out. or call. or email. lol

Amanda said...

hey. that works wonderfully.
love you.

Mama Mel said...

glad you're bloggin .... i really like to know what you're thinking ... you're right about loyalty. it's one of my top three in real friendship! honesty, loyalty and growing or at least struggling to grow in Christ (in no order really).... if there's no loyalty, are they really friends? i agree 100% that we MUST teach this to those behind us -- students, daughters, etc.... i say that since i have three. thanks for the reminder... i want to be a loyal wife and friend....

from the heart of cooka said...

loyalty is an amazing trait -- & it's so closely related to real love; disloyalty hurts really badly.

hang in there with the students. this loyalty thing is important for them to learn.

Farah said...

David's doing a youth thing over new year's and I think he and the youth guy are gonna give me some of their precious time to have the girls alone!!!!! Can I use some of this as we talk about friendships?