27 March 2007

My Husband...

Well, yesterday was our second anniversary. It seems as though it has been much longer than two years. I think that is mostly because I have loved these two years so much, and I have such a hard time remembering the dailyness of life before marriage. I know I enjoyed life, but having your best friend with you all the time is like nothing else...even though I know he wishes I were not with him "so much". All I can say is that I care for him and love him more than I ever thought I would be able to. Sometimes I struggle because I know I put too much faith in Him. Sometimes I lose sight of the blessings God pours on my life because I am looking somewhere else. One of the biggest struggles I am facing right now is how to encourage and support him completely. I know his priorities are God, then family, then ministry, but that doesn't make it any easier for me to watch him go to a job every day that he does not love just so that he can support our family. I want him to be having lunch with students, and studying for lessons, and meeting students over coffee to chat. I want students to hang out at our house just for fun. I want there to be time in our lives for ministry, not leaving for work at 6:30am and getting home at 7pm. But, God has a different plan for our family right now. I know somewhere there is a place He is preparing for our service. I pray that we would be faithful in this waiting time, that we would focus on building a loving home for our new child. I pray that our lives would still be missional, that we would constantly be focused on other people in our lives. I pray for Buck, that he would continue to have the courage to lead our family. I pray that I will serve him and love him moment by moment. I am so thankful for these last couple of years with him, and I am looking forward to the rest we share!

3 comments:

Sage and Cinnamon said...

Happy Anniversary. On the 26th I was thinking all day long that I should remember what March 26th was but I couldn't think of what...but now I know. :) Hope you are doing well. And I understand about not remember much before marriage. Just wait until you've been a mom for awhile it really goes then.

take care and we need to catch up more later
-E

normalisboring (aka tanya t) said...

hope your pregnancy is going great, friend. miss ya

NYYanksGirl said...

Hey Bether!
Congrats on the anniv. Our 2 year is coming up in June. I relate to your struggles with patience. Colby works quite a bit because he's started his own business (insurance agency). I know it will pay off for the future, but it's hard to be patient for the days where I can spend more time with him. God is always trying to teach me patience...why is that? :)