09 December 2007

Another reason I love Apple

Last week our Mac started turning off after it would go into sleep mode. Long story short it died on Wednesday, well that is to say I couldn't get it to turn back on. I tried everything and came to the conclusion that I was just going to have to take it into an Apple store and see if they could help. Keep  in mind my iMac is a little over 2 years old, and the warranty expires after a year.

We drove the 25 miles to the Mall in Alpharetta at 10am I didn't have an appointment but thought I could get in by noon but, the next appointment wasn't until 5pm. So we decided to do some shopping, catch lunch, and a movie. It was actually a pretty nice day.

5 finally rolled around and I waited patiently to be helped. The Mac Genius (that's what they are called and I believe it) asked me what was wrong, I explained. He tested it on the desk, grunted and then took the computer to the back.

About 5 to 8 Min. later he returned said yeah it was the Power Management unit. Then proceeded to start typing stuff up on his store computer. I presumed he was totalling up the bill. PMU's cost around $150 bucks plus labor. Which is still cheaper then a new computer.
He prints it out and asks me to sign 2 different pieces of paper. 

The Bill = $0.00

I asked him about it and he said they have had some issues with the PMU's on my model and he didn't think it would be fair to charge me. 


Apple you know how to build loyal customers! 

No comments: