30 December 2007

Missing Ministry Together...

Well, today Buck left for a student ministry winter retreat in Boone, NC. I am so excited that God provided for him to go. I am not even particularly depressed that I am left behind without him on New Year's Eve. What makes me sad is that we are not on this retreat together. This is the first time there has been a major student event since we have been married that we did not get to experience together. We both enjoy how we are serving at MLC...me with middle school and him with high school. But, I miss desperately serving together. I miss having students in our home all the time. I miss our late night discussions about students and the direction of the student ministry. I miss planning events together. I miss the stories we have about students. I know God has something planned for us in the future...whether near or far. I know His timing is way better than mine. But, I am sad today as he goes to hang out with students and student leaders for three days...without me.

1 comment: