11 December 2007

Miracles...

Well, we are in the middle of a series at Mountain Lake called Miracles. I thought this would be a great series for disconnected people...you know, the ones who don't believe Jesus & miracles like I do. Well, apparently I struggle with my belief as well. Anyway, I have been challenged to pray more specifically for things I need rather than just blowing them off. Also, I have been reminded of how much I have to be thankful for this year. Last Friday, at WOW! It's Christmas, Shawn reminded us to say thank you more often. I think coming to God with a thankful and honest heart is one step I can take to looking for more miracles in my life.

THANKS, Jesus...
  • For giving your life for me. It really is that simple...you chose to die so that I may live. WOW!
  • For the gift of marriage & my husband Buck who every day shows me humility, tenderness, courage, unconditional love; for his humor, provision. and protection; for his calling to ministry, his unique love of students, and the abilities God has developed within him
  • Our beautiful baby girl who is growing everyday...I cannot wait to meet her face to face
  • Our family who has supported us in all that we do--allowing us to follow after God without regret
  • Mountain Lake - a church filled with the best people in the world; thank you God for the leadership, the vision, the community, the passion for world care & church planting, two campuses, a heart of giving, and the growth you are blessing MLC with each week
  • David, Farah, Dax, and Cole Isbell - our closest friends who consistently teach us about the love of Jesus through their actions & friendship toward us; thank you David & Farah for the example you are to parents...we are looking to you more than ever
  • Our Growth Group at MLC - Bryan, Karen, Rodney, Sarah, Caleb, Rachel, Brian, Jodi, Aaron, and Nick - we are truly experiencing community because of your authenticity and love; we are exciting about growing closer to you all as the year goes on!
  • Our new home - what a blessing; our home is so much more than anything we deserve or ever thought we could have at the point in our life!
Here are the Miracles I am asking boldly for these days...
  • Courage in relationships with disconnected people; I am praying for so many right now - Katie, Davis Family, Kanov Family, Melissa, and Pat & Beth
  • Financial Freedom - the freedom to stay home with our daughter; the ability to give away more
  • An opportunity for Buck to do full-time ministry again - my heart aches for him to do what he was created to do - we love students and miss the freedom to be around them all the time

3 comments:

Crystal Corn said...

Finally i found your blog!

I'm thankful for the Webbs and the new Webb-to-be:) See you soon!

Farah said...

I too am thankful for the Webbs and "the daughter of my really good friends". You guys mean so much to our entire family. You have been such encouragers to us as well as sharpeners, listeners, and comforters. We love you!

Trent said...

I love you guys and I am so glad to be a part of your journey here in the good old state of GA, Auburn fans or not. Ugh. Don't work Buck, your time is coming. ;)
- Trent