12 May 2008

My First Mother's Day...


First of all, thanks for all of the texts, e-mails, and phone calls. I had a great first Mother's Day. The day started with Baby Dedication at church. My mom, Joe, and Josh came up to church. Shawn did a great job communicating with us as parents. I am even more excited about praying for Peyton to one day decide to follow Christ & give her life up! I really do feel like Mountain Lake is place that will walk beside Peyton and our family as she begins her spiritual journey. Shawn even gave each family a letter to give to their child (it is sealed and from him) on the day they accept Christ into their lives.

Next, Daniel joined us and we took off for Six Flags. The weather ended up being great, and we had a very relaxing day. Buck finally had someone to ride coasters with. Peyton and I got to hang out with my mom & Josh most of the day. And, I got to eat too much cotton candy...which I probably enjoyed too much. Peyton rode three rides: the Carousel, the Hanson Cars, and Monster Plantation.

Then we came home & Buck and I just relaxed together a bit after putting Peyton to bed. It was a great day for me.





Josh & Daniel with Peyton //////// Peyton dizzy on the carousel


Peyton chatting with my mom


No comments: