14 August 2008

Olympics....

Okay, so everyone else is blogging about the Olympics so I guess I should too. We haven't been watching b/c we don't get anything but CBS on tv & our mac does not have windows on it so our browser does not support the video. BUT, I am currently borrowing a PC from my brother. It is great. Peyton and I basically watched the entire Olympics in one day today...not a bad day since I wasn't feeling too hot. We watched swimming (she liked that...I think since she likes to swim), field hockey, live basketball, archery, kayaking, rowing, baseball, softball, fencing, and a bit of volleyball and water polo. I loved it. I know I am a nerd. Buck has already reminded me that the Olympics are marketed towards people like me...people who want to go buy Coca-Cola just to get the commemorative cans. I also like to keep up with all of the Auburn alum/students/future students who are excelling in the games...it gives me someone else to cheer for...the Womens 100m Backstroke for instance was a sweep: GOLD-Natalie Coughlin, USA; SILVER-Kirsty Conventry, Zimbabwe & Auburn; BRONZE-Margaret Hoelzer, USA & AUBURN...WAR EAGLE! Anyway, we relaxed and watched the Olympics...it was fun!

No comments: