08 June 2008

FUEL 2008...


Well, we have been back from camp now for two days. It is difficult sometimes coming back down from the mountain. Like David said at camp, Jesus looks different on the mountain. All I know is that God showed up. He exceeded my expectations, our planning, and our understanding of what camp could look like. I have been in a place where my faith is lacking...so it took me a couple of days to settle down & genuinely meet with God. He is so good to always meet us where we are. He does not forget us. He does not give up on us. And, He is always working.

The biggest part of camp for me was sharing some things with a great friend of mine, Crystal Corn. It was quite possibly the hardest conversation I have ever had. I had to confess some things that would have been much easier keeping inside. But, because Jesus covered her with grace to listen, I was able to move forward in several relationships...not to mention that I slept so much better than I had the night before. God is working in me & building a deeper community around me than I ever thought I would get to experience here on earth.

Here are a few pics from camp...so you can see what you missed.


1 comment:

Crystal Corn said...

Bether...I LOVE YOU!
I'm so glad God was working on us at the same place and the same time. I feel ya..it took me some time to settle in, too.....I'm always surprised at myself because it never seems that I show up to the mountain prepared to meet with God...like somehow I didn't know He'd be there.
Crazy


(ps-I missed you tonight...hope you feel better)