13 April 2008

My Legacy...

Well, Today was Peyton's first trip to Mountain Lake. She was a little startled by the music once or twice, but overall she did a great job.

We finished up our NO REGRETS series today, and the message was about leaving a legacy. That is obviously something I have thought about even more now that I have a daughter. I want her to know that my number one priority was Jesus, that my life was about following hard after Him, that even the little things in my life point towards Him. I want her to know how important my family is to me. I want her to see a good picture of marriage as she grows up. I want her to see what love and generosity look like by the actions and decisions I make in my life. I want her to know what it means to value people and how important relationships are to point people toward Jesus.

Living a life of no regrets means leaving a legacy with eternal impact. I pray that Peyton will one day make a decision to give up her desires and herself to follow Jesus. I pray that other people in my life who are still searching, who are making their way on their spiritual journey will be one step closer to eternity with Jesus because of my life, because of the love Jesus gave me to share with them.

3 comments:

Crystal Corn said...

Wow. I'm so glad you guys are a part of MLC...and a part of my life. Baby Peyton is a very fortunate little girl!

Hugs said...

Amen, sister! I know kids really must change your perspective on life in general. What a great gift that God uses them to challenge us.

Farah said...

I hear you...kids really move you to grow!! I am glad you are dating and so glad you liked the soap!!