09 April 2008

Our First Date...

Well...our first date since baby arrived. My brother Daniel kept Peyton for about an hour tonight while we went on a "date". I thought date nights were important before a baby, but now I do believe they are essential. We took a simple trip to Kroger & used the rest of my Starbucks giftcards to get a special treat. I don't know that we even talked about anything at all, but it was nice to have a few minutes away to just relax. We are definitely going to have to make sure we don't let those go just because we have a new little one in our family.

3 comments:

Karen Isbell said...

Please call me I will keep her!!! I'm glad ya'll were able to go out.

Anonymous said...

What a great looking family! I wish I were there to babysit. Keep making time for each other; it is a treasure from now on.

God bless this family today.

Melinda

Sara Sandefur said...

Way to go! It's so easy to neglect each other in the craziness of the first year of parenthood. We've learned (finally) that our kids are more secure knowing that we make our relationship a priority. Keep it up!