19 May 2005

Buck is gone...I know, it's just for five nights

Well...five nights seems like a long time. I made fun of our friend David last summer because he couldn't sleep while his wife, Farah, was gone...in fact he was pretty useless. Now, I am regretting some of my words. I am not sure I am going to fare that well either. I mean...his flight hasn't taken off yet, but I have already convinced myself that I miss him. I drew a sad face on our calendar at home for today...he erased it. But, don't worry, I put it back; i kinda think it is good that I am sad that he is leaving. Anyway, there is no sense in being miserable while he is gone. He will not be miserable there...seeing old friends...working with students...doing what he loves. I just hope that next time I will be able to go with him. I was invited...but you know how jobs can be. I mean, it's not like I used ALL of my vacation time for a honeymoon or something. I am staying with friends that I haven't been able to hang out with for awhile. It should be fun! But, I will still miss him.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He went to Delaware as a small group leader for a Disciple Now.

Unknown said...

We talk free mobile to mobile...so, no worries.

Anonymous said...

awww bether.
i'm sorry. i think five nights would be hard if i were a newlywed.
but i'm sure you'll make it.
love,
rachel (rogers)

Anonymous said...

Oh to remember the feelings of being a newleywed. Try that after 16 years. I do understand the feelings though. I can take one or two days now without too much worries but five would be a challenge. Just think how great it will be when he gets back!!!

Mae