10 May 2005

Sonics' Fans

Well, today is a true test! Buck and I are "trying" to become Sonics' fans. We wanted to be able to root for a team together...and not just because a team is playing a team we both hate (i.e. the yankees). In baseball, we both like the Mariners, but have our teams (buck - Cardinals & beth - Braves) and in football it is the same; we both like and follow the Seahawks, but my heart is with the Colts and, yes, my husband is a Bengals fan. They were good...you know like two decades ago (they are starting to compete again though...helps when you have an Auburn boy running the ball for you). Anyway, we like the Sonics...they are a "high-character" team, with a great coach, a fun style to watch, and we picked a good year to start being fans. It has been a fun journey. I would like to say they can win without Ray, but he is the man...the one that can take over a game and make it happen. The series isn't over if they lose tonight, but it will be a steep climb. I think I will be sad if the Sonics lose, in fact, I know I will be sad. Does that mean I am a Sonics' fan?

2 comments:

Buck Webb said...

It does for 2 reasons!

1. Your sad the lose

2. You think they can win w/o Allen. Meaning your judgement is a bit clouded by your fandom.

The Sonics might have an outside shot if Vlad were still around w/o Ray, but w/o the 2 of them they'll be swept by the Spurs.

That said they will have Ray for game 3 and therefore do have a chance to still win the series. But only if they win the 1st quarter of the game 3 if they are down by more then 8 after 1Q then mark down series over they lose in 4.

If they are ahead though it's still a contest and the Sonics will have a chance.

Anonymous said...

Cool website you guys! You've inspired me now...maybe!

Ok, about the Sonics...all I have to say is welcome to the Northwest. Our teams will make you fall in love with them, only to break your hearts. I can't complain too much...in my lifetime Seattle teams have brought home two championship trophies...the Sonics in 79 (when I was 3) and the Huskies in 91 (AWESOME!). Hopefully one day I'll be able to celebrate another trophy - hey, it happened in Boston...