24 May 2005

MOVE!

"Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps
if you're not willing to move your feet."
How many times have I prayed this and not meant it? Who knows? But, I do know how amazing it is to pray for guidance and courage at the same time...to know what to do and when to do it. Oh, that daily I would be enough of a barbarian to follow WHEREVER He leads...into a conversation...into a tough situation...into the lives of the unchurched around me...into the broken hearts of the students we encounter...wherever...whether I have been there before...whether I will see what I expect or something else...whether I will enter never to return. Lord, give me the courage, the strength, the desire, and the willingness to pray big prayers, to dream big dreams, and to trust YOU above all that I can see...and MOVE!

No comments: